The decision to buy 36 ready-to-fly Dassault Rafales by India came in as a surprise to everyone. After nearly fifteen years of back and forth with Indian MMRCA deal, India finally decided to cancel the MMRCA program and just go with 36 Rafales. What changed?
You can stream this Podcast or download it to your computer or handheld devices. Right-click here to download the MP3
In This Episode
- Indian Air Force down to 34 squadrons when 44 required to counter China and Pakistan.
- India has 14 squadrons of obsolete MiG-21s and MiG-27s.
- Serviceability of Su-30MKIs are about 55%.
- Huge delay in indigenous LCA Tejas. Tejas Mark 2 will be ready only after 2022.
- India to go in for direct purchase of 36 Rafales in a government-to-government deal.
Books mentioned on the show
Thank you for Listening!
Thanks so much for joining us on this episode. Have some feedback or questions, you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this episode, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.